KVCayr are one of very few organisations who specialise in commercial kitchen ventilation. Our unique expertise allows us to include the design, supply and installation of an entire kitchen ventilation system inclusive of canopy/ventilated ceiling, fan/air handling unit, ductwork and controls i.e. the complete package.
Design based upon DW/172.
The objectives of an effective kitchen ventilation system are to:
- Remove cooking fumes at source, i.e. at the appliance
- Remove excess hot air and bring in cool, clean air, so the working environment is comfortable. Inadequate ventilation can cause stress, contributing to unsafe systems of work and high staff turnover
- Make sure that the air movement in the kitchen does not cause discomfort, e.g. from strong draughts
- Provide enough air for complete combustion at fired appliances, and prevent the risk of carbon monoxide accumulating
- Be easy to clean, avoiding build-up of fat residues and blocked air inlets, which lead to loss of efficiency and increased risk of fire
- Be quiet and vibration free
The ventilation system design needs to take account of the:
- Cooking load
- Amount of cooking equipment used
- Layout and shape of the kitchen
- Number of staff
- Need for easy cleaning and maintenance
We have carried out work within various applications including leisure centres, bakeries, hospitals, retirement homes, hotels, restaurants and schools. Our customers being private, Local Authorities (approved contractors), NHS, contractors, architects, consultants, specifiers, catering companies etc.
Take a look at some of our previous Kitchen Ventilation projects below...